Tuesday, May 27, 2008

StumbleUpon - Wander through the web.

I'm addicted to this one. It takes wandering aimlessly through the internet to a whole new level, because with StumbleUpon I can wander through websites that not only would I probably never have found on my own, but I can review them and add them to my online bookmarks. Just sign up (it's free!) and download the toolbar (it only works in Internet Explorer and Firefox). Then click "Stumble!" and you'll be taken to a website that is under one of the categories of interests (computers, animals, meteorology, art, etc.) that you listed when you signed up. For example, if you told StumbleUpon you liked cats, then you might find a cute cat picture, or if you like homeschooling, you might find good homeschooling resources. You can stumble through one category or choose to stumble through pages in any category you like. You can thumbs-up or thumbs-down a page and review it, and your reviews will go on your StumbleUpon blog. You can also stumble through pages your friends like. It's a really amazing site, and I bet that when you try it out you'll be addicted too. Just go to stumbleupon.com to sign up and get started! If you would like to see my reviews, go to http://sivartm.stumbleupon.com/.

No comments: